1. The Alpine leg starts at the top of Mt. Bachelor’s Red Chair where skiers have to sprint 200 feet uphill without their skis, then find where they put their skis, put them on and finally ski down the LeeWay run. The course is a beginner/intermediate run.
2. The Cross Country leg is an 8 km skate ski. The exchange to cycling takes place in front of the Nordic Lodge parking area.
3. The Bike leg is a 22 mile beautiful ride into Bend along Century Drive. The rides finishes at the Athletic Club of Bend.
4. The Run leg is a 5 mile course that includes dirt, pavement, pavers and travels over and under multiple bridges that cross the Deschutes River. The run course finishes at the Riverbend Park in Bend.
Racers who are 12 and registered in the following categories, are given the option to run the shortened course: Individuals – 12 & Under, Pairs – 12 & Under, Teams – 12 & Under, and Family Teams where the running racer is 12 or under.
5. The Canoe/Kayak/SUP leg begins at Riverbend Park. Boaters will paddle down stream from the put-in point, for a about .5 miles, paddling under several bridges and through the Old Mill. At the turn around point, boaters will paddle upstream for about 1 mile until they reach the NEW take-out point at Farewell Bend Park, on the opposite side of the river.
6. The Sprint leg starts at Farewell Bend Park, crosses over the bridge that connects Farewell to Riverbend, and finishes in our NEW finish area in Riverbend park. The distance of the sprint is about .4 miles.